Welcome to e2!

The End Effect Gaming Community is a international gaming community. We are a group of close-nit players who have gathered under a single banner to game together casual or hardcore fashion! Each of us has a passion for gaming and we play a variety of games, across all platforms. Interested in joining? Then sign up! Check around the links around the site for more information. We are always looking for new members to join the community. The best way to get involved, is participate both on the forums and on Teamspeak. Good luck!

EA/DICE - BF4 Server Hosting Providers Released

Discussion in 'News & Announcements Archive' started by Wing, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Wing

Wing ~ Czar Of Nothing Staff Member Council Member

Media:
    e2 Cash:
    $19,178
    Ratings:
    +1,774 / 22
    United States United States
    Gamer Style:
    FPS Legend
    Other Gaming Networks:
    BF4 Server Hosting Providers Released

"Below is the initial list of game server providers on PC that we will work with for Battlefield 4 during the Beta and launch of the game. We believe that these proven RSP’s will be able to offer global coverage of game servers." - EA/DICE

Battlefield 4 game server providers
    4NetPlayers
    NitroServ
    Multiplay
    MyInternetServices
    I3D
    Gameservers.com
    Gamed!
    NFOservers
    Hypernia < Most likely our hosting company of choice! http://hypernia.com/
    Gportal
    Fragnet
    AusGamers
    Rocketblast
    ForTeam
    Trinity Games

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/pc-game-server-providers-for-battlefield-4/

OPTIKS now has a choice to make... Which game hosting company will we use for our 60+ player server?
    This somewhat disturbs me in the fact that EA is limiting which hosts we can use. The small time hosting companies are businesses too... and deserve just as much of a chance to offer up to speed servers.
    • Like! Like! x 1
  2. Yui

Yui Member

e2 Cash:
    $595
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Japan Japan
    Gamer Style:
    Role Player
    Other Gaming Networks:
    now that I saw Hypernia... I think they're giving away BF4
  3. XIHackInABoxIX

XIHackInABoxIX PC Hardware Guru Staff Member Council Member

e2 Cash:
    $4,903
    Ratings:
    +531 / 4
    Gamer Style:
    Tactical Assassin
    Other Gaming Networks:
    I am sure, that with time, the smaller companies will be getting their names out there as well. And just because this is their list of hosting providers, doesn't mean that there will not be others to choose from.

This looks like it is just the ones that they recommend.

My vote goes with Hypernia. I say that we should at least try them out, and if they are shitty, then we shall move on to another one that isn't going to be as bad.
  4. Wing

Media:
    e2 Cash:
    $19,178
    Ratings:
    +1,774 / 22
    Gamer Style:
    FPS Legend
    Other Gaming Networks:
    Naw, it has been officially announced that EA will ONLY be letting the hosts above to host their server files.

It's been causing alot of drama on the official forums.
    • Like! Like! x 1
  5. BwieDieter

BwieDieter Veteran

e2 Cash:
    $1,402
    Ratings:
    +81 / 2
    Germany Germany
    Gamer Style:
    Single Player Addict
    My guess is you will be going for a full-fledged dedicated server, right? Hypernia has a wide array of specs to choose from, but imo the prices for the desirable ones are a bit steeper than some competitors.
    upload_2013-9-29_16-14-0.png
    Please correct me if I´m wrong there, but I feel like we could get better value for money than that. Anyway, I don´t really understand EA/DICE´s business decision to limit the customers choice down to a hand-full of companies.
    Who knows, maybe there was a bit of money-flow directed at them by those few selected hosters...
    Still, it´s a shame. The customer always loses whenever competition is minimized :-(.
  6. XIHackInABoxIX

XIHackInABoxIX PC Hardware Guru Staff Member Council Member

e2 Cash:
    $4,903
    Ratings:
    +531 / 4
    Gamer Style:
    Tactical Assassin
    Other Gaming Networks:
    That is ridiculous!

$250/month for a good server!?!?!? WTF.

That is like a goddamn car payment.

If we were to do this long term, we would be better off building our own server, and running a dedicated ISP for it, lol.
  7. Wing

Media:
    e2 Cash:
    $19,178
    Ratings:
    +1,774 / 22
    Gamer Style:
    FPS Legend
    Other Gaming Networks:

Those are not the rates for a "Game Server",

That is if you want to buy your own off site dedicated server to host whatever the hell you want. Usually multiple game servers at once.

The game server rates for BF4 have not been officially announced by Hypernia, and if you look at their site. It is still "greyed out" to even click on the "Game Server" purchase option.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  8. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Technical Leader Staff Member Council Member

Media:
    e2 Cash:
    $9,729
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 19
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Gamer Style:
    Achievement Addict
    Other Gaming Networks:
    Owning/Renting your own dedicated hardware for a server will always be expensive, but doing so you can usually guarantee more reliability as you would not be on a shared server with others operating game servers with possible overloads from them on the same host (node) server.

This same logic applies for web hosting; paying more and buying/leasing hardware will always be expensive, but more reliable in the longer run as it will just be you using it, instead of sharing with others.
    • Like! Like! x 1